Monday, May 21, 2012

Sewing for Fiji: Ollie's Dollies and No Sew Blankets

So it was my birthday last week, along with my first mother's day - so fun!  I'll do another post more about that, but I wanted to share what I did on my birthday.  My church goes to Fiji every summer as a mission trip.  The women wanted to make something to send with them on this years trip.  So they decided to make some items to give to the kids.    It was really awesome to participate and be able to also use my newly found skill.  Usually you spend your birthday thinking about yourself, but it was really nice to be able to spend my day doing something for others. 


They had one group putting together no sew blankets. 



The other group put together dolls for the children. 



It was so great to get together with other women, be child free for a little bit, have lunch that I didn't have to make and do something for others.  I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...