Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fun New Fabrics

My friend gave me some fabrics that were given to her that she didn't think she was going to use. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it all. I have some ideas for some of it, and others I'm not sure if I'll ever use it - or I need to be insipred to make it for a gift. 


Flannels

I'm sure there are a ton of projects I can do with flannels - anyone have any ideas?  I have thought of receiving blankets, burp clothes, and pj's (though all flannel fabric says it's not suitable for children's pj's - anyone know where you can get fabric that IS suitable?)

Denim, linen, and muslin
I can use the muslin for lining and I can make some little girl jeans.  I don't really know what to do with linen though......


I'm not sure what kind of fabric these are... The polka dot and flowers might be some sort of cotton or apparel fabric - looks like something my friend was using to make my baby an outfit.   The orange plaid is kind of silky...



This fabric is kind of strange... the rainbow has all sorts of texting language and definations - so weird.  No idea what to do with that... the other stuff is kind of ugly hawaiian shirt material.  No ideas there either.


My friend made a quilt out of this... maybe I could make bias tape out of it, or use it paired with other fabric in a girl's dress.  I have found you don't need much fabric when making kid's clothing.


She also gave me a giant box of home decor samples.  They are big enough for me to make pillows or kitchen towels.  Though as I was looking through the box it says that dry cleaning is recommended and that it is Scotchguard treated, and 100% cotton.  - Anyone know what will happen if I wash it regularly or if the Scotchguard does anything to it?  I read somewhere it was flammable - so if I make potholders out of it, will it catch on fire?




We also went to Joann's when they were having a big sale - I got this fun set of fat quarters.  I also bought eight patterns, most on sale for 99 cents - can't beat that!  I usually don't like to buy patterns because I figure why spend the money on something I can figure out myself, but some of them are more complicated, and I find I learn a lot when I use a pattern.   The only thing though is that I want to be able to reuse them and use the different sizes, but I'm not sure the best method for that.... anyone know the best way of reusing patterns?

Well, I have all this fabric, I better get sewing!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...