Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Card Series: Post 11- The Sharp Points

As of right now, I use a regular pair of scissors to cut my paper and shapes out.  I also have some fun scissors with different edges, such as scalloped or zigzag.  You can see an example of this below.  This gives it little different look, and makes it not quite so square looking. 

Father's Day - Dad To Be

Congratulations

Encouragement - God Bless Your Mission Trip

Wedding

Congratulations  - Housewarming


If you look closely though, my shapes are not always cut even.  One thing that I would advise which I do not really have is something to help you cut straight. I do have a paper cutter, but I need to get replacement blades. I have heard of self healing mats but have yet to buy one, and I think alongside a razor or rotary blade that might be a useful tool.  Another thing that might be fun would be different shaped paper punches.  One thing that also seems to be popular is the Cricut machine. While it looks awesome and I've heard good things about it, I am not quite ready to invest that much into my card making.  The reason I started making cards was to save money and right now I don't think I make enough cards that it would be worth my while.

Do you have a favorite cutting supply? What would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...