Sunday, April 22, 2012

Card series - Post 1: Saving Money

I don't like spending a lot of money and I have a short attention span.  I decided one day that spending 5 dollars on a card for someone was silly and I'd thought I'd try to make them myself.  I have trouble sticking to a project because I get bored, but making a card took 15-30 minutes and was very satisfying because I had completed something.  I also take pictures of my cards... maybe to document them, maybe to remember my favorites, not really sure why or what I'd even do with the pictures.  So I'd thought I'd start posting a card series. I'll post once a week and I'll put up a few every post of the series.   We'll see where it goes from there.

friendship

Another reason I started making cards was that I have a hard time throwing away cards that other people give me.  Somehow ripping off the fronts and using them again made it easier.  I don't really understand that logic, but it just works.  If it's really important from someone I'll still save the whole thing,  If it's semi important I just save the inside with the writing and if it's just signed with a name, I will usually feel okay using all parts.  But throwing it away... eek.. that makes me nervous.   I don't know why it bothers me, it's not like someone knows I've finally tossed their card, but this helped and has saved me hundreds of dollars on cards.  

love

I also like it because I can make it personal... using the particular person's favorite colors or pictures that remind me of them.  It's better then a mass produced card saying something you don't really mean.  And lastly it makes people feel important that you took the time to MAKE them something.


friendship


comfort


thank you

Stay tuned for the next card post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...