Monday, April 2, 2012

Baby Room

So the office that became a baby room is now actually a baby room/office/guest room - very multi functional. We chose a classic pooh theme from babies r us. It was the only one I really liked, registered for it, and then found out that it was being discontinued. Thanks to my sister in law and a good friend of mine, they tracked down almost all the different pieces from stores all over CA. They are such sweet friends and I love how it turned out.
The colors were tan and green, sort of a neutral. I figured if we had a girl we would add pink accents and if we had a boy we would add blue accents. We found out we were having a little girl and so I got down to business.
I created letters with her name. It was a lot of work getting the green to match the bedding, but I really like the end result. I added pink ribbon and hung them above the crib.
I also found at borders (now out of business :( ) , a collection of winnie the pooh stories for really cheap. I thought about it for a while and went back and bought another copy so that I could rip out the pictures and frame them. I love the way they look. I love them more then the artwork that was supposed to have come with her set.
Here are close ups of the pictures I chose.
These were the main crafts I did for her room, but maybe I'll post another day the other parts of the room. I think it turned out so cute! I couldn't wait to put her in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...