Thursday, January 5, 2012

candle making

So I used to buy candles all the time and they'd burn out and then I'd be left with a bunch of wax. Or sometimes the wick would disappear and then again, a useless candle... and candle buying can get expensive. Then one day I decided that I would try to resuse then, so I bought a double broiler and some wick, remelted some using the old containers, or cut the tops off the old ones discovering the useable wick and using the extra wax.
Here are some candles before they are dry... I actually used a skewer to hang the wicks into the wax.
Here is the finished result... notice the sunken wick.. I always have this problem... tho I have done research and apparently all you have to do is once it's cooled some, just add a but more wax.. I''ll have to try it next time.Here is the finished candle burning brightly :) the one thing I did find out tho, is that if your wick is not centered it will get to close to the glass and the glass will explode. It was quite exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...